Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Custom Torque Arms Update

Got the quotes back and have decided to make the pieces myself, the cheapest was asking $275 for CAD and laser cutting the two pieces... uh... not happening!  

Not wanting people to think I'm completely off my rocker, I'm planning on installing a custom cut steel plate that will act as a reinforcement/torque arm and will fit into the recessed area in blue. It will be fastened utilizing the existing brake disk attachment. The other side will be done the same way, I've found an additional area where the plate can be bolted to the triangle there as well.

After working with some Fimo Clay and an Exacto Knife, I was able to mold a rough drawing for the two piece torque arms. I have submitted this via PDF to 3 different companies in the area, one which does laser cutting, the other two that use other means to create metal parts. I've requested 3/16" stainless steel for the material spec.

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter